You can export any of the records in the search results to a Citation datafile.
In this example, we are going to export a single record to a tutorial datafile.
To export record(s) from a BookWhere search to your Citation datafile.
- Make certain your Citation database is closed.
- Right click on the record you want to add to your Citation database. Click File Export from the submenu:
Note: If you want to export several records at the same time, use the Ctrl key to highlight several records,
and then right click to choose File Export.
- Use the navigator button to go to the folder with your database, and click to select it as the database
to export the records to; make certain, as well, that the option to Append records to database is checked.
To export the record and append it to bib.dat, for instance, the dialog would look like this:
- Click Save to append the record to bib.dat.
- When you have finished exporting records from the search to your Citation database,
start Citation and open the database with the new records.
If you routinely conduct searches with BookWhere & export the records to Citation, you
will want to run Find Duplicates from time to time.