You can use a custom format to print citations or note for a subset of records
in your datafile that contain a keyword.
To write notecards for all the records in a datafile that contain a keyword
First, you will need to edit the notecard.cf file:
- On the Citation menu, click Tools, Edit Custom Format. Citation's
Custom Format Editor will start. (For best viewing in the Custom Format editor, set the display font to Courier.)
- On the Custom Format Editor menu, click File, Open, and open notecard.cf.
- Replace the word politic with the keyword you want to use to define the subset, and save the file.
Second, write the notecards for records containing the keyword you have included in notecard.cf:
- Open a blank document in your word processor.
- On the Citation menu, click Generate, Bibliography from datafile. The
Generate Bibliography dialog will display.
- Set the options in the dialog to Custom Format, and the click the Custom Format Browse folder.
- Highlight the notecard.cf custom format:
and click Open.
- The options in the Generate Bibliography dialog should now look like this:
- Click OK to write notecards for the sources and notes in tutor.dat containing
the keyword you have entered in notecard.cf. The notecards will be written to your open
word processing document.