You can create as many Citation datafiles as you need for your work. Each datafile
is a single file, containing your bibliographic and notes database, with the extension .dat
To create a new Citation database
- Click File, New. Citation will display the Select Form dialog.
- Choose the data entry form for the first record in the new datafile, then click OK. Citation will display a blank form.
- Complete the form with the bibliographic information for the source work.
- Click File, Save. Citation will display the Save As dialog.
Enter a name for the new datafile (with the extension *.dat), then click Save.
- You can now choose Edit, Add Record to continue adding records, or File, Close to exit.
To save the new datafile
- Click File, Save.
- Enter a name for the database, using the extension ".dat", and click OK.
Your datafile will be saved in your Citation datafile folder.
for information on Citationís datafile directory.