Before beginning this exercise, make certain you have entered the Access keys
The American Psychological Association (APA )style requires short form Author-Date citations
in the text of the document, and an alphabetized reference list.
To write citations for practice.doc in APA style:
- On the Citation menu, click File, Preferences, and check
the option to write
Italics as Underline.
- On the Citation menu, click Generate, Citations for document, and set the options on
the dialog for APA style:
- Citation will scan the open word processing document (in this exercise, practice.doc),
replacing the Access keys with intext citations and writing a reference list for the works
cited in the document:
- The citations are written to a copy of the original document with the Access keys.
When the citations have been written, save the new document with a new name.
For this tutorial, save the new document as practiceapa.doc.
- To end the exercise, close the Generate Citations Status dialog.